In the role of Head of Programme, you will be the vital force energising both our online and offline initiatives, enhancing our reputation as leaders in thought while fostering a dynamic environment of knowledge exchange and networking. Your expertise will enrich our team, and your ability to communicate our insights will captivate a diverse group of stakeholders.
Your responsibilities include invigorating discussions, serving as both a collaborator and the representative of The Class. As the architect of our programmes, you will orchestrate the industry’s most engaging debates and carefully select top-tier storylines and speakers from across our field.
- Full-time position.
- Based in Amsterdam, NL.
- Initial 1 year contract with prospect for renewal.
- Start date: as soon as possible.
- International work environment.
- Regular EU travel.
- Competitive salary.
Who are we?
As higher education increasingly globalises, the way in which universities, cities, and countries attract and retain talent is also evolving. Our foundation is one of Europe’s largest aggregators of key players in student living and urban development.
Our curated community of operators, investors, suppliers, and policymakers is a growing network with a shared mission to identify the challenges and opportunities that will shape student living in the decades to come. Primarily, we act as a knowledge platform, initiating research projects, publications, and events focused on the state of student living.
It is our goal to professionalise student living in Europe by driving operators to be more sustainable, affordable, and accessible to all students. We organise regional events and an annual flagship conference in various cities across Europe. During those events, we raise awareness on current issues in the sector, potential areas for collaboration, and best practices.
- The Class Conference: our annual flagship event, which in 2024 we will host in Manchester, UK.
- The Best In Class Awards: our annual celebration of the movers and shakers within our industry.
- Trend Watching & Industry Research: publications highlighting key issues impacting our sector and trends that pave the way for the future of student living.
- Regional European Forums: a series of interactive events hosted across Europe to explore our Collective Agenda for Change.
- Impact workshops and Leadership programmes: building eco-systems that have real world impact and action on topics such as technology, innovation and next gen talent.
We are a diverse team of program, marketing, research, design, and events production specialists who love to network, travel, and create impact in student living, co-living, urban design, and planning realms.
The job description
Key priorities – Collaborate, Cooperate, Coordinate, Connect and Communicate.
- Develop and execute event content strategy through research with a strong focus on the identified topics that are current and relevant across various European markets and communities.
- Define key messages and write the narratives for upcoming events.
- Identify, invite, and manage speakers.
- Translate each event into pre, during, and post communications content and support the execution.
- Host and co-moderate some of our events to investigate further to dig deeper into the potential impact and implications of the identified topics.
The job requirements
To be a successful candidate for this challenging yet exciting position, you will have expertise in alternative real-estate investment, city/urban development, higher education, and a true passion for growing with others. You thrive on fast-paced business development and have an outgoing personality.
You take pride in being highly organised, engaging as a self-motivating team player, a great networker and storyteller, with the ability to seize commercial opportunities and respond to the needs and wants of different stakeholders.
- 5+ years of proven experience in leading programmes, events, building networks, project management, or similar experience within a relevant sector/roles.
- Proven capability to quickly translate knowledge into actions, including: experience with industry foresights and leadership development, quantitative and qualitive research, project and stakeholder management.
- Natural and passionate writer, preferably with graduate level education or equivalent. Affinity with the alternative asset, student housing, co-living and other blended living typologies and urban regeneration is a must.
- Love working in a start-up environment and have a can-do mentality and capability to manage multiple projects/events spontaneously and simultaneously.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken); fluency in Dutch (or other European languages) is a plus but not essential.
Interested: what’s next?
Could you be the next Head of Programme for The Class Foundation? Then make sure to submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than midday on Thursday 8th February 2024.
The team will review your application and get back to you if you are successful in reaching the next stage. If your application is shortlisted, we will invite you for a virtual interview. We look forward to hearing more about you!